A little about us. . .
My name is Tom Stone. In 2008, Barbara and I pulled up our roots, and moved to North Georgia, leaving our lifelong friends and family behind in Florida. Our love affair with the mountains began on our honeymoon in 1982, when we came to the Blue Ridge Mountains for our first visit. Over the years, we returned to the same cabin to rent for our 10th and 25th anniversary, but bringing along our children these times.
We lived in the Orlando area for 18 years before moving up here, and had grown weary of the growth, traffic and heat that surrounded us. We wanted to move away from central Florida, but there was not really anywhere left in Florida that we wanted to move to. We came to Blue Ridge, looking to buy a vacation cabin rental business, but instead ending up buying a cabin. Within a very short time, we sold our home in Sanford, FL. packed up the truck and our kids and were on our way to Morganton, GA to start a new life!
We are now comfortably settled into our log cabin. Our oldest daughter, Jessica is “up north” in North Carolina at college. Alicia works in a doctor’s office in Blue Ridge. Samuel is attending college nearby in Young Harris. Christine, Timothy and Matthew are being homeschooled by Barbara.
Our lives are entirely different than before. We are always doing something outdoors at all times of year. Our list of activities include: hiking, swimming, fishing, whitewater rafting, kayaking, ziplining, exploring, and sledding down our mountain road in the winter. We have found a great church, and have been welcomed with open arms by all of the people we have met in Blue Ridge and North Georgia.
As you read through some of our blogs, we will share with you all of the things that we do when we are not working. Sundance Cabin Rentals is truly a “family business”. Barbara and I are actively involved in the daily running of Sundance Cabin Rentals, and all of our children pitch in to help with the cleaning, mowing, property management and repair, and leaf raking when needed. They do take their fishing rods with them if we are going to one of the riverfront cabins, to play while they work.
Blue Ridge is a warm, friendly town, with open people who will welcome you, just like they have us. I hope that you will come stay in one of our cabins to rent for your vacation and explore Blue Ridge for yourselves. Who knows, maybe someday you will be our neighbor! My youngest says in his bedtime prayers, “Thank you God for moving us to Georgia.” Yes, thank you.
Contact Us about cabins to rent or property management
Have a question about our cabins to rent for your vacation?
Sundance Cabin Rentals – Vacation Cabin Rentals & Property Management
The beginnings of a vacation cabin rentals & property management business
- Founded in 2005 by Meg Davis Farfour, a local realtor; As the owner of a successful real estate business, Meg had many purchasers of cabins ask her about placing their cabin into a property management/ rental program. Meg decided to start a new company, Sundance Cabin Rentals to fit the need of the cabin owners and also provide cabins to rent to people wanting to vacation in the Blue Ridge area. As her business grew, managing two businesses demanded too much time and energy of Meg.
- Purchased in 2008 by Tom Stone and Over The Top Service, LLC; we shared office space with the real estate office for the first year.
- Relocated in 2009 to our present location – 3387 E. 1st Street, Blue Ridge, GA 30513
Rent a cabin and cabin rental management
- What we do:
- Vacation cabin rentals for short-term stays 2-90 days. Whether you are looking for mountain view, riverfront or secluded Georgia cabin rentals, we have a cabin to fit your needs!
- Property Management for property owners
- Marketing and rental of cabins
- Property management, repairs and upkeep (housekeeping and landscape)
- Accounting, record keeping and payment of sales taxes
- What can we do for you?
- Rent you a cabin
- Help you find local attractions and activities
- Manage your property for you
- ??? just ask. Who knows?