I guess I have failed to appreciate Downtown Blue Ridge. This summer, some friends were staying in one of our rental cabins, and on their last day in Blue Ridge they told me, “We just discovered downtown, I wish we discovered it earlier.” Well, you now don’t have that excuse, I am sharing this with you now, Visit Downtown Blue Ridge.
What is there to do in Downtown?
- Shopping – clothes, furniture, novelty items, household, specialty, souvenirs
- Dining – restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, snacks
- Ride the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
- Art galleries
- Gem mining and miniature golf
- Outdoor recreation suppliers and guide services
- Concerts and festivals
- City Park
Here is a list of some friends downtown that you need to stop by and visit:
- Multitudes Gallery – features the art of handblown glass.
- Blue Ridge Mountain Arts Association – seasonal art exhibits
- The Blue Ridge Scenic Railway – travel from Blue Ridge to McCaysville along the Toccoa River
- Buck’s of Blue Ridge – gourmet meats, cheeses and wines
- L & L Beanery – gourmet coffee and cafe
- Oyster Fine Bamboo Fly Rods – offering custom bamboo fly rods and bamboo rod making classes
- Huck’s General Store – old time general store
- And many, many more – I could take all day listing everything you need to discover in downtown Blue Ridge, but you will just have to discover it for yourself!
Throughout the year, there are plenty of events and festivals downtown, starting with Arts In The Park in the spring, and ending with Light Up Blue Ridge on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. In July, there is the 4th of July parade, and also the Veterans Day parade in honor of our veterans. There is also art exhibits and live music many weekends throughout the summer and fall. Plenty to do for everyone!